Sunday, February 20, 2011

Who Woulda Thunk It?!

Happy Sunday afternoon people. I haven't written in a while and I am waiting for my pictures to upload so have a few minutes of sitting still (which hardly ever happens!). I want to re-introduce myself ... I am the pastor's wife. Seriously, the PASTOR'S WIFE. Growing up, getting edu-macated, embarking on an awesome career, getting married, having a baby and now, not only am I a plain ole' wife, I am the pastor's wife. Everyone knows who I am and to be honest, I kind of like it -- who knew!? This is definitely a new role for me ... my hubby (the pastor!! lol) was ordained a couple of weeks ago and we are officially the pastor and family. I have a feeling that this newness will not rub off for a while. So, what has changed? Well, I am now a full time stay at home mommy. I cook dinner for my family every night and we actually sit down and eat it together (big deal considering our 'routine' in seminary!). I go parent-tot swimming during the day. I walk to Wal-Mart and shop because I need to see other adults. I play house with my daughter. I sew during naptime. I no longer feel a great deal of stress on Sunday nights while trying to prepare for a week of teaching. If I look over the items on this list (and many others), I am thankful for these changes. Not that I didn't like my life before but there is something so sweet about sending my hubby off to work for the day and lounging in my pajamas with a cup of coffee while my girl eats her oatmeal. Life is full of changes and this is one change I am adjusting to quite nicely.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw your link on FB and am glad to keep up with you via your blog also. Welcome to the pastor's wife and stay-at-home mom clubs! I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world. (Mine is gailsgracenotes.blogspot.com if you care to check us out.) I echo Keri's welcome to the club and too love it more than I ever thought I would! Blessings on your continued adjustments to this wonderful life. And give Kailyn a big hug for us! (Sorry if I didn't spell her name correctly.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. April! I am very, very excited that you have a blog. Ever since moving, I've been feeling like I want to work harder at staying connected with people... (Hence the decision to start blogging myself. Thanks for reading, by the way!) You have to promised to keeping posting, okay? I want to be able to read about how things are going for you.

    Yes, we will have to skype sometime! And yes, we definitely will have to visit each other's parsonages someday! I'm sure that you noticed that we have a guest room? It's huge and very comfortable. You guys should plan a vacation and come explore Vancouver Island. :)

    Love,
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  4. April - you will make an awesome Pastor's wife and a full-time at home mommy! Congratulations on all the milestones in your lives--your new home and Josh's ordination - the Lord truly is good. We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete