Saturday, June 11, 2011

Garage Sale Madness

Again, it's been awhile but I have tons of excuses as to why I haven't written. This week's excuse is because I was getting ready to host a garage sale. The more I looked in my house, the more stuff I found that I thought I could (and should!) sell. I hosted it with my friend Linda at her house and it proved to be a successful day. You would not believe what people buy and how they haggle for it. An old dehumidifier marked for $5 that a guy offered me two for ... I took $3 (really didn't want to load it back in my car!), a fake candle water fountain thingy ($2), a piece of 'art' I had hanging in our home for $5 ... and the list goes on. It seriously amazes me that all those $1 and $2 sales made me almost $100! Was it worth it? Absolutely ... chatting with my friend Linda and her kids all day, seeing Kailyn being pulled around on the grass in a sled while wearing goggles, laughing at the random things people buy and finally the freedom of being rid of all the 'stuff' ... whew. Goodwill will be a happy and possibly slightly overwhelmed business when Wallaceburg garage sale day is finally over. Thanks to all those people who buy my junk -- made me a happy girl today!

~ April ~

No comments:

Post a Comment