Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday x2

Today my husband and I celebrate our daughter's first birthday. A whole year, twelve months, 365 days (ish) ... subtract one. Yup, you read it right. We didn't even know our daughter was born at this exact time a year ago. I was actually on bedrest, being a bit of a cranky patient, waiting for the time to pass so I could resume my normal activities ... more on that later. Needless to say, we did find out, we met her (insert goose bumps here), took her home (28 hours after finding out about her) and became her mommy and daddy. Wow. That was quite a ride that has only slowed slightly since those early hours of motherhood.

So, Happy Birthday my sweet daughter, my firstborn, the one who made me a mom. I guess in a sense it is my birthday too: my birth as a mom, a mama, a mommy, Kailyn's world. Could there be a sweeter or more rewarding title? I don't think so.

If you are a mom, celebrate. If you want to be a mom, celebrate.

~ April

No comments:

Post a Comment